4799Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Bible version?

  • raging_calvinist
    Aug 3, 2002
      "Whose General Assembly? And what would make it a 'lawful General

      Whose General Assembly? Why the General Assembly of the Church of
      the United States! What? There is no such thing? Well then we'll
      have to wait a while, I suppose.

      What would make it a lawful General Assembly? For starters, it would
      have to be one that is proven faithful in retaining those Reformation
      attainments fought so hard for during the 1st and 2nd Reformation.
      Most groups calling themselves a general assembly are not truly
      General Assemblies (how can there be a GENERAL assembly over so many
      different "Presbyterian" denominations?), and are in a state of
      decline and "DEformation" (neglecting or even trampling on
      Reformation Principles).

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., vg626 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "raging_calvinist"
      > <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:
      > The point being that until a lawful General Assembly approves
      > of the use of another version, I'll be sticking with it (though
      > occassionally referencing the other versions as needed).
      > gmw.
      > Whose General Assembly? And what would make it a "lawful General
      > Assembly?"
      > vg
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic