4493RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: to have what everybody else has

  • Repentant Deejay
    Jul 1, 2002

      <<<And psychologist said that spanking children is a bad thing.

      Hi Ken,

      Well, I’m probably putting my head in the noose here, but I actually agree that in certain circumstances it can be a bad thing.  I don’t have children so it isn’t an issue with me.  But I do think that for some parents/adults, hitting a child is a way of controlling them simply because they are bigger than the child and in some cases they can do them damage both physically and emotionally.  While I don’t hold that a parent should never discipline a child, I think to use corporal punishment as a general rule for all parents can have significant harmful effects on a child.  I guess what I’m trying to say, is that because some parents know not to go too far and don’t damage the child, because it is legal, this gives all parents the right, and in a lot of cases unnecessary force and brutality is used.

      ~Deejay

      Deejay

      And psychologist said that spanking children is a bad thing.

      Sound like some parent spared the rod there............