4446Re: question

  • raging_calvinist
    Jun 27, 2002
      Hi Cheryl,

      You have (another) beautiful baby!

      Cloud of Witnesses lists 200 men who drowned in a shipwreck (I
      believe this is the list that bro. John has up on the link Mrs. Soles
      provided). If this is the wreck you're talking about, I was unaware
      that they may have been convinced to compromise. If you eventually
      track down that info, let us know. Are you getting at the idea that
      God busting out the rod on them?

      You are correct, there needs to be some posts dealing with the
      biblical basis for covenanting. I will, Lord willing, incorporate
      some of that when the time comes into the current series of posts I'm
      working on, and I will also get together an Ordinance of Covenanting
      folder in the Bookmarks section. K?

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., knoxknoxwhosthere
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Jerry or John,
      >
      > I think I was reading somewhere that the 200 or so men who had been
      > incarcerated in Greyfriars and were being transported for being
      > Covenanters were those who had been convinced to compromise their
      > principles by certain ministers. These men were shipwrecked and
      > drowned. Am I remembering this correctly?
      >
      > Jerry, good idea to do a history of Covenanters in Scotland. I
      think
      > it would be helpful to just touch on the highlights of social
      > covenanting in Scripture or at least point out some articles that
      > deal with it so people can see where the principle for it comes
      > from. I find that many people, even in the Reformed camp are
      > ignorant of this.
      >
      > BTW, after reading of the history of the Covenanters, it became
      > easier to understand the clearing of the Highlands and the butchery
      > of Cumberland after the Jacobite uprising as a visitation of
      > judgement on Scotland for retreating from the Covenants. Unto whom
      > much is given...
      >
      > Cheryl
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic