2507For Quatsch7

  • twilight_dawns
    Dec 4 4:49 AM
      Hi Quatsch. You had recommended that I read �The
      Death of Death in the Death of Christ� by John Owen in
      another forum a few months back. I�ve since deleted my
      membership from that club and didn�t get the chance to let
      you know that while I found Owen a little on the dry
      side and difficult to read at times, overall, it was
      an excellent work. I had debated with a Calvinist
      some time ago that insisted that Christ not only saved
      the elect, but damned the reprobate by His sacrifice
      on the cross since the reprobate were not covered
      under the covenant between the Father and the Son. I
      found it interesting that Owen didn�t seem to support
      that viewpoint. <br><br>Anyway, you asked if it was a
      sin to be online on Sunday. Let every man follow his
      own conscience, but here is something for
      consideration: <br><br>Q. 117. How is the sabbath or the Lord's
      day to be sanctified ? A. The sabbath or Lord's day
      is to be sanctified by an holy resting all the
      day(a), not only from such works as are at all times
      sinful, but even from such worldly employments and
      recreations as are on other days lawful(b); and making it our
      delight to spend the whole time (except so much of it as
      is to be taken up in works of necessity and mercy(c)
      in the public and private exercises of God's
      worship(d): and, to that end, we are to prepare our hearts,
      and with such foresight, diligence, and moderation,
      to dispose and seasonably dispatch our worldly
      business, that we may be the more free and fit for the
      duties of that day(e). <br> a Exod.20:8,10 b
      Exod.16:25-28; Neh.13:15-22; Jer.17:21,22 c Matt.12:1-13 d
      Isa.58:13; Luke 4:16; Acts 20:7; 1 Cor.16:1,2; Ps.92:title;
      Isa.66:23; Lev.23:3 e Exod.20:8; Luke 23:54,56;
      Exod.16:22,25,26,29; Neh.13:19<br><br>Just something we all ought to
      consider as we prepare our hearts during the week to
      worship our Creator on the Sabbath. God bless