      From: PuritanoPresbiteriano <puritanpresbyterian@...>
      Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Was the Mosiac Covenant a NEW Covenant of Works?
      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 6:39 PM

      Hi Ben,
      Well, the link I provided is a review of Rev. Fesko's book he edited titled _The Law is not of Faith_ and the reviewers are very critical of the essays that appear in that book, to the point that they call the position espoused therein as heterodoxy.  They also view their review as a warning to the Reformed Church.
      In fairness to both parties my take is this: If the reviewers are very serious and alarmed, then those that are in the same denomination as those they are critical of should resolve this in their respective  Church Courts.  Seems the OPC did something similiar in the case of Lee Irons. So take it there. If nothing is really done, then to me it is just some academic excercise that does not warrant people using the words "heterodox" and such.  No Church discipline equals No Church.
      Ben, I refer you, again in fairness to this point, to one of your professors Dr. Clark, who has given a reply to the reviewers. I think with this info, you will have your question/concern addressed.
      Hope this helps?
      Edgar Ibarra
      a John Murray fan!

      --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, Ben Rochester <benrochester@ ...> wrote:

      > I am a John Murray sympathetic student at Westminster West. I would like more information on this if you could point it out to me.
      >
      > Benjamin Rochester

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic