16862Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Covenanter Facebookers?

  • PuritanoPresbiterinao
    Dec 12, 2009
      Great! The sermon is experimental style...yes like the Puritans.
      The Gospel is always offered as well. Odd thing to say about a sermon,
      but as is the case with most Churches today, you don't hear the Gospel,
      you hear moralism.

      http://www.westminsterconfession.org/identity/experience-of-the-truth.ph\

      The service starts at 2 pm then we have a meal in between and then
      worship again at 6pm. If you need further info you can email me
      privately at PuritanPresbyterian AT gmail.com

      Look forward to meet you.

      In Christ,

      Edgar Ibarra
      www.PresbiterianoReformado.org

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, christabella.warren
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Thanks! I shall definitely visit some time soon. What style of sermon
      is preached -- the old, logical style beloved of the Puritans?

      "PuritanoPresbiterinao" puritanpresbyterian@ wrote:

      > > Yes, we are close to 4th Presbie. Our congregation is part of the
      Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) and is a bulwark of the historic
      Presbyterian tradition. We have a very simple worship service. Prayer,
      A Capella Psalm singing (using the 1650 Psalter), Scripture reading, and
      the preached word. We have the Lord's Supper every quarter (coming in
      January). We employ the old 15th/16th Century reformed method in accord
      to the Word of God: Fermented wine is served; we all sit at a common
      table (no pew communion); drink from a common cup (no little cups). Open
      to professed Christians after an interview with the Pastor (Rev. Sherman
      Isbell in our case).

      > > Come, you will see the HUGE difference between the PCA and our
      church.

      http://www.westminsterconfession.org/congregations/washington/times-loca\
      tion.php

      > > In Christ,
      > >
      > > Edgar Ibarra
      > >

      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com,
      christabella.warren <no_reply@> wrote:

      > > > Edgar:--
      > > > Is your church very close to Fourth Presbyterian Church? That's
      the congregation that I am with now, but I would be interested in
      visiting yours to see if it was even more in the Reformed tradition.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic