16860Re: stung

  • christabella.warren
    Dec 12, 2009
      Dear Mark:--
      Thanks for your post, though in defense of Mr. Bump, he did apologise for the severity of his earlier post so all is forgiven.

      However, I find what you say about the continued persecution of the Protestants in Ireland fascinating. Here in the States, we are always handed the line of "evil Protestant landowners" versus "poor pitiful Catholic serfs" -- a line that I am always rather skeptical of, as I am familiar with the reasons for English subjugation of Ireland and the manner in which much of it stems from the Ulster Protestant Massacres of the 1640's. However, I had no idea that it was continuing in full force today. How difficult is it exactly for Protestants in Ireland and how often do these persecutions take place?
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic