16844Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: the Covenanted Reformation

  • Larry Bump
    Dec 10, 2009
      raging_calvinist wrote:
      > Larry,
      > The original poster provided a heart-felt expression of her understanding of the Solemn League and Covenant, aided by a recently read sermon by a Covenanter minister. She didn't attack anyone, did she?

      I have admitted, and continue to admit, that the tone of my reply was
      driven by past interactions with neo/paleo-Steelietes far less gracious
      and loving than yourself.
      What I did not say explicitly, and should have, is that I did indeed
      treat the original poster unfairly. As I re-read my original post I was
      shamed by my treatment of her and would like to apologize for that.
      I could easily have made my points just as well with a better attitude
      and not by imputing others' past sin to the poster.

      It is a sad tendency of the human heart to seek to continue justifying
      itself when it should know better.. I committed that sin today.
      I did not examine my behavior closely enough when first called to
      account, and apologize to the list for that as well.

      Larry
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic