16841Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: the Covenanted Reformation

  • Larry Bump
    Dec 10, 2009
      raging_calvinist wrote:
      > Neo-Steelites or Paleo-RPCNA is a matter of perspective, I suppose.
      >
      > "Two basic covenants we're still bound by are the National Covenant of 1638 and the Solemn League and Covenant."

      And I continue to assert that as Crown Colonies the Americas were not
      part of the Three Kingdoms and were never bound to either.
      That is their proper legal position, and the basis for the Declaration
      of Independence. Their king had not defended them against a foreign
      power (parliament)and so had effectively abdicated.

      Most of the early settlers came here to get out from under the authority
      of Parliament; remember? That's the only reason for the Pilgrims and
      Puritans (not to mention the Baptists and Papists) to come here.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic