16837Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: the Covenanted Reformation

  • Kevin Guillory
    Dec 10, 2009
      I just joined this group and really liked what you had to say.  But almost left after I saw his response to you.  I still may, but will wait and see.

      KEvin

      On 12/10/2009 12:51 AM, christabella.warren wrote:

      --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, Larry Bump <lbump@...> wrote:

      > >> 4. To endeavor to bring the 3 Kingdoms to the nearest conjunction and uniformity in religion, Confession of Faith, Form of Church Government, Directory for Worship and Catechizing.
      > >> (as a former plantation of Great Britain all Westminster accepting Reformed Churches in this nation are bound to our fathers covenants as their spiritual posterity and their visible representation as I understand it)
      > >>

      > Great Britain was not a signatory to the Solemn League and Covenant.
      > England, Ireland and Scotland were.
      > There is a difference, and if you don't know what that was, you have no
      > business posting to this question.

      Don't you think you're being a little harsh? Sure, there's a difference between Great Britain and the three separate nations of the British Isles, but is it really necessary to quibble over it? It seems to me, at any rate, that the point of the post was a lot broader than merely that one clause.

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic