16752Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Again further evidence of the US Govt's aggression towards Christianity

  • puritanone
    May 15 5:58 AM
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Ben Hart <benjamin.hart1@...> wrote:

      > it is a fact of the matter that a good
      > many of the attempts to establish the reformed religion seemed to have
      > backfired.

      Ben, this *may* be my last post on this topic, but I would submit you are thinking entirely wrong about this.

      Just because of the various backsliding, scandals, and even captivity that plagued ancient Israel, it would be wrong to say that what Moses set up in Israel under God's direction "backfired". It did not backfire at all. What backfired was when men rebelled against that order, and often rebelled very successfully.

      What is true of Moses' Israel, is also true of Calvin's Geneva, Knox's Scotland, Winthrop's Massachusetts, etc.

      Just to take one example, I think Scotland 1560-1843 compares very favorably to the USA 1776-2009.

      - J. Parnell McCarter
    • Show all 33 messages in this topic