16664Re: Puritans.net Home School Curriculum and the Reformation Party

  • puritanone
    Jan 14, 2009
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, s_mcclintock1
      <no_reply@...> wrote:
      > Parnell, I'm trying to understand what you did and why you did it.
      > As far as I've read, I appreciate what you've done for topics/materials
      > to use for the Lord's Day. Great ideas!
      > There are many things in the WCF that are not specifics like you cited.
      > Why did you not include them, too?
      > I'm trying to understand, that's all.
      > Sheryllyn

      Sheryllyn, I perhaps do not understand your question. There is this
      membership requirement in the Reformation Party:

      full adherence to the Biblical doctrines summarized in the original
      Westminster Standards (which include the Westminster Confession of
      Faith, the Westminster Shorter Catechism, and the Westminster Larger

      At least to me that requirement seems straight-forward. It
      distinguishes it from any other political party I have seen in
      existence or proposed today.

      But such a membership requirement in a political party seems to me to
      be the logical consequence of belief in the doctrines of the original
      Westminster Standards. However, there are obviously many who disagree
      with me on that, or else I am sure it would have more than 4 separate
      family member memberships, or at least there would be other political
      parties today with that as one of its requirements.

      It seems to me that God uses means, however humble in origin, to work
      His will.

      - Parnell McCarter
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic