16597Re: [Covenanted Reformation] I forgot to mention...

  • Ic Neltococayotl
    Nov 4, 2008
      Dear Pastor Ortiz,

      I just sent you a private e-mail. I look forward to a fruitful
      dialogue.

      In Christ,

      Edgar Ibarra
      www.PresbiterianoReformado.org

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jorge Ruiz Ortiz
      <jorgemichaela@...> wrote:

      > Dear brothers,It is for me a great joy to anounce that it is finished,
      I think for the first time in history, the complete Psalter in the
      Genevan tunes in Spanish.Â
      > http://www.icpresbiteriana.es/miranda/salterio.pdfPersonally, I have
      been working for five years in it, and our congregation (a little
      planting church work) sings the majority of them. A Dios sólo
      sea la Gloria,Jorge Ruiz
      escribió:
      > De: Ic Neltococayotl puritanpresbyterian@...
      > Asunto: [Covenanted Reformation] I forgot to mention...
      > Para: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      > Fecha: lunes, 3 noviembre, 2008 5:43

      > Brethren,
      >

      > Many of you that have been around for a while know that I and another
      brother,
      > Joel Chairez in California , have been
      > translating 16th and 17th Century works of Presbyterians into Spanish
      > publishing them at:Â www.PresbiterianoRe formado.org
      >

      > Over the course of a year or bit more we made contact with a minister
      in Mexico .Â
      > He was already Reformed in doctrine and through our writings /
      translations
      > became convinced of the RPW: A Capella Psalmody, Lord's Day
      sanctification, and
      > no holy days and became convinced of other distinctively Puritan
      > positions. This past summer, his wife and he along with one of
      the Elders
      > of his congregation and his family drove from México City
      > all the way to West Virginia
      > to be at the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) family
      conference. It
      > would be an understatement to say that I was elated. They spoke
      with some
      > of the ministers about the next move and to begin steps of fraternal
      relations,
      > for now it is just getting to know one another. Well, his
      congregation in
      > México had been dissolved for a while due to several reasons.Â
      Just a core
      > group remained at the time as the minister was trying to determine
      what steps
      > they should take with this paradigm shift of belief.
      >

      > So after they returned to Mexico ,
      > they held a congregational meeting that Lord's Day. They resolved
      > reestablish the congregation and held their very first worship service
      two
      > weeks after the conference ended. They all covenanted to uphold
      the
      > entire and original Westminster Standards (Joel and I have already
      translated the
      > rest so that for the 1st time all of them are in Spanish) and to
      worship God as
      > He commands...they sang ONLY the Psalms without instruments. They
      > established themselves as the Iglesia Puritana de México >>> The
      > Puritan Church of México. Â
      >

      > The very first congregation that is Puritan and Presbyterian in their
      > constitution and practice in all of Latin America !!!Â
      > I am so thankful to the Lord for this great and marvelous work.Â
      It is
      > hard to explain or comment just how extraordinary this is in the grand
      scheme
      > of things as it pertains to Latin America .
      >

      > Another momentous event in Spanish church history is, Lord
      willing, going
      > to be occurring early 2009.Â
      >

      > Stay tuned.
      >

      > Alabando al Señor Jesucristo,
      >

      > Edgar Ibarra
      >
      > attending Free Church of Scotland (Continuing)
      >
      > in Bethesda, Maryland
      >
      > Westminster congregation

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic