16491Frame, Smith, Oliver and Needham

  • bob_suden
    Aug 17, 2008
      Thanks, Chris.

      It will be interesting to see what Smith makes of Frame's latest.
      Re: "the text of a large Puritan work which needs editing for publication". As in Oliver Bowles'  Treatise on the Evangelical Pastor?  And if not, do you know anything about how that project is progressing?
      Re: the baptist Needham essay on the WCF, psalmody and hymns in the WCF in the 21st Century  what was L. Duncan thinking? Are the PCA southern  presbyterians  nominating him as a champion or a sacrificial lamb?

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Coldwell" <naphtali@...> wrote:

      > Bob,
      > Yes; I had hope to yesterday but juggling last minute things and also
      > waiting on one last piece and the artwork to button the issue up; but
      > that shouldn't prevent posting the contents which I will try to do
      > later today and start sending out renewals maybe tomorrow.
      > As for Rutherford. I do think about it; it would be very hard work.
      > The easiest would be Paul's Presbytery (smallest and nicest structure)
      > but church government is a poor seller; several oversized volumes
      > containing more than one work may be the way to go; but that makes for
      > huge projects. And actually, I have thought about redoing a collected
      > Gillespie but that still requires a huge amount of work, mostly
      > because of the work needed to check/revise edit Aaron's Rod
      > Blossoming; translate, and research the bibliography etc. Right now
      > I'm reworking the fast sermons of the Scots commissioners to the
      > Westminster Assembly into one volume; and contemplating issuing it in
      > the 17th century presbyterians series versus Lulu. It deserves the
      > full offset printing treatment but it depends on if I can get a sense
      > of any market for it and get interest from resellers and pre pub
      > commitments. After that I have a commitment to finish all of Durham's
      > sermons for a one volume project, which would put everything by Durham
      > into print (and then eventually I have the text and rights to reissue
      > the Revelation commentary in a matching format to the other large
      > Durham volumes, Lord willing). And I have the text of a large Puritan
      > work which needs editing for publication. That and I will have to
      > start on CPJ 5 planning in a few months has my hands tied for a while.
      > Thanks for asking.
      > Chris Coldwell
      > Editor, The Confessional Presbyterian journal
      > www.cpjournal.com
      >
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bob_suden"
      > bsuden@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Chris,
      > > Will you be posting the table of contents?
      > > Are there any plans to start reprinting Rutherford now that you have
      > > reprinted most of Gillespie?
      > > Thank you,
      > > Bob S.
      > >
      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Coldwell"
      > > <naphtali@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Seeing this thread I wanted to post an FYI that Frame's Doctrine of
      > > > the Christian Life, more specifically his chapters on the second
      > > > commandment, are reviewed by Frank J. Smith in the forthcoming 2008
      > > > issue of the Confessional Presbyterian journal, DV (getting close to
      > > > done now). Also, I hope to run a substantial article on images and LC
      > > > 109 in the 2009 issue (again DV); at least I have someone slated to do
      > > > it and some research is done.
      > > > The 2008 I think surpasses the 2007 in variety/number of articles, but
      > > > also, very surprisingly to me, in length. The 2008 should (still some
> [...]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic