16475Re: The North American Reformed Seminary (TNARS) - free seminary

  • bob_suden
    Aug 9, 2008
      [Edit, not Send]

      ...  an endorsement from a leading "theologian" of the day who has proudly, arrogantly and enthusiastically laid waste to the biblical and confessional doctrine of reformed worship - and who is doing what he can to undercut the reformed doctrine of preaching and through it the doctrine of  Scripture -  does not say much for the Naive American Reformed Seminary's theological discernment.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bob_suden" <bsuden@...> wrote:

      > The question is not whether we ever can agree 100% with someone, but on
      > what points we agree or disagree. Frame's argument and doctrine on
      > pedagogical pictures of Christ is an attack on the doctrine of Scripture
      > - Chapt. 1 of the Confession and one of the two principium of the
      > Reformed faith, the other being the doctrine of God.
      >
      > In other words, the issue comes down to whether we will have the
      > preaching of Christ or pictures of Christ, i.e. deja vu the Reformation
      > conflict between Protestantism and popery.
      >
      > Of course Frame and his defenders think all the above a non sequitur -
      > as if Frame's methodology itself is rigorously logical, never mind
      > confessional, which is yet another mark against him regardless of what
      > his "reformed" fans think. Others think it no small thing. Without
      > apology I side with the latter.
      >
      > If a reformed seminary is to equip men to be able like the men of
      > Issachar, to know the times and what Israel ought to do, an endorsement
      > from a leading theologian of the day who has proudly, arrogantly and
      > enthusiastically laid waste to the biblical and confessional doctrine of
      > reformed worship does not say much for that seminary's reformed
      > theological discernment.
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bray"
      > larryicr@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Although i don't agree with all that Dr. Frame espouses, i most likely
      > > don't agree with all of what any one man believes. I certainly think
      > > that Dr. Frame falls within the pale of orthodoxy.
      > >
      > > Those who think that everyone must be on exactly the same page as
      > > themselves have done great harm to the Church.
      > >
      > > For instance, i believe that theonomy goes too far in making the
      > > application of the moral law normative, when it's really the moral law
      > > itself that is normative. I think Dr. Frame goes to far the other way
      > > in believing that even the normative moral law is...for lack of a
      > > better word...bendable.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic