16468Re: The North American Reformed Seminary (TNARS) - free seminary

  • Larry Bray
    Jul 29, 2008
      I appreciate that honest criticism of Dr. Frame.

      I don't agree with everything that he teaches, and as you mentioned he
      doesn't teach at TNARS either.

      The materials that are taught at TNARS are from a Westminster
      Standards point of reference. That's the important thing in my opinion.

      Did you have any issues with what we were teaching? All of the classes
      are accessible from our website.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bob_suden"

      <http://www.wtsbooks.com/product-exec/product_id/5669/nm/The_Doctrine_of\
      > _the_Christian_Life_A_Theology_of_Lordship_Hardcover_> ? (It was up on
      > the web for awhile, but is no longer available.) In other words, there
      > is a reason he might be considered a contemporary Grima WormTongue, if
      > not Judas.
      >
      > While he affirms the sufficiency of Scripture (WCF 1:6)in Chapt. 11 of
      > DoCL, he goes on to butcher the Regulative Principle of Worship in
      > Chapt. 25 on the Second Commandment after the all too familiar and usual
      > interlude of equivocations, non sequiturs and question begging.
      > Unfortunately in Chapt. 26, it gets even worse. Therein he concludes
      > that when it comes to pedagogical pictures of Christ, he knows of
      > `no reason not to use them (emph. added)'. In other words, what
      > JF gives with one hand, he stabs in the back with another, if not
      > betrays with a kiss.
      >
      > Mr. Frame's most recent comments and conclusions are essentially
      > an attack on the Protestant doctrine of Scripture. The same includes,
      > along with verbal inspiration, the sufficiency of Scripture as well as
      > its infallibility and clarity. They are also a mealy mouthed attempt in
      > our day to cut the nerve of the lively preaching of God's Word
      > (LC155 & SC 89). That ain't small change on either count, with the first
      > being the most serious charge.
      >
      > Of course if JF had the consistency of his conclusions and had sent us
      > a coloring book with 50 pages, instead of this tome with 50 chapters and
      > 1100 pages of print, nobody would or could complain. But pathetic
      > blather or no, the next time the brother preaches, I very much doubt
      > that instead of a microphone and a pulpit bible, he will be asking for a
      > muzzle/gag and a flannel board.
      >
      > Rather the real question is just how long will we have to wait before
      > John starts framing arguments for screening Mel Gibson's Passion of
      > Christ at the afternoon matinee worship services for Lent? After all, it
      > stands to his abuse of reason, the WCF and Scripture.
      >
      > In other words, with seminary professors like this, who need heretics?
      >
      > I realize that Mr. Frame is not an instructor for the TNARS, he just
      > endorses it, but that is still not a plus IMO.
      >
      > Best wishes otherwise.
      > Thank you very much.
      >
      > cordially in Christ,
      > Bob S
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bray"
      > <larryicr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings in the name of Christ!
      > > I am the current president of TNARS. We are a completely free, online,
      > > Reformed seminary. I was wondering if it would be possible for TNARS
      > > to have an official relationship with the Reformed Presbyterian Church
      > > (Covenanted).
      > >
      > > http://www.tnars.net

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic