16460Sum of saving knowledge question...

    Jul 21, 2008
      Under head 3, in the Sum of Saving Knowledge, it reads...

      "I. The outward means and ordinances, for making men partakers of the
      the covenant of grace, are so wisely dispensed, as that the elect
      shall be infallibly converted and saved by them; and the reprobate,
      among whom they are, not to be justly stumbled."

      I think that "not to be justly stumbled" means that the reprobate that
      stumble over the ordinances cannot blame the ordinances for their
      stumbling, but any help to understand this phrase would be much
      appreciated.