      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: deejay-forums@...
      Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:39:32 +0000
      Subject: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Johnathan Edwards biographies

      Knowing that Murray fudges the truth on several things quite frequently, I think it is part of the picture, as per Roman's 1 on if I choose to read his books, and certainly line his pockets by buying things he writes. I'm not saying he doesn't have some good things to say; but that still doesn't alter the fact that he fudges the truth for his own agenda.
      29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
       30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

       31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

       32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

      --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, "Tim Cunningham" <timmopussycat@ ...> wrote:

      > --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, "Deejay" <deejay-
      > forums@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks, Tim,
      > >

      > > unfortunately however, I'm not either a fan of Murray nor
      > particularly like
      > > his way of going about things in his writings to score points in
      > other areas
      > > as he does.
      >
      > Tim-On the question of Edwards, he is simply the best available and
      > the other matters you mention shouldn't come into the picture.
      >

      > I did read one of his recently, but it was something I was
      > > informed enough about to not be deceived by the other things he was
      > alluring
      > > to in it, and trying to put his point of view, over and against the
      > truth
      > > and facts of the matter. The same would not be true of any
      > knowledge I may
      > > have of Edwards.
      > >

      > > But thanks anyway.
      > >

      > > ~Deejay<---who neither runs nor walks anywhere these days!

    • Show all 39 messages in this topic