15904Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: RPNA GM apology

  • Walt Bre
    Jul 25, 2007
      Deejay,

      You don't have to burst my bubble as I had never
      intented to influence your views on this subject. My
      comments were intended and hopeful toward those who
      could bring a neutral view to the excellent arguments
      posted by the author.

      There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we all
      bring our presuppositions to everything we read and
      hear, and clearly you will too. This is a fundamental
      principle in studying any subject.

      Nevertheless, in my opinion, it does not detract from
      the amazingly well written arguments made by Nick. I
      have read another several sections this morning and
      can only say it is some of the best argumentation I
      have ever read on any subject, and I read a ton of
      legal and argumentative documents weekly. The hardest
      kind are clearly those I translate with mechanical
      translation tools, and can only get part of the
      intended meaning out of the authors natural language.
      Even my translators who I have going over documents
      about every day to make them easier for me to
      understand do not take away from the complexity of
      what someone says by what they write. Nevertheless,
      we all have to give the author some benefit of the
      doubt when listening to their position in writing,
      over the phone or face-to-face.

      So, you can still believe the only reason I think his
      arguments are excellent is because I'm just taking his
      side with my presupposition and epistemology, but I
      will leave it up to those who are coming in the next
      round (hopefully it will be you as you are certainly a
      leader against our position) to show me that I'm all
      washed up. I stand ready, willing and able to change
      my mind on this next set of arguments that I hope will
      come from your pen...no matter what ever language you
      wish to write in...as I will do my best to get it into
      something I can read and understand.

      Thanks for bringing up the point and bursting my
      bubble. It does me good.

      Walt.

      --- Deejay <group.only@...> wrote:

      > I hate to pipe up and burst your bubble--well no I
      > don't actually, but
      > whether we know anyone personally or not, we will
      > always favour and
      > esteem someone writing or otherwise communicating
      > something, who is
      > echoing our own opinion, even if our opinion is
      > wrong. It just confirms
      > us in our error if we are wrong.
      >
      > ~Deejay

      > Walt Bre
      > <humbled.learner@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Darren,
      > >
      > > It is written by Nick as a defense to his position
      > in
      > > the controversy with primarily Bob. I printed it
      > > yesterday morning and read half of the 84 pages
      > before
      > > work. I hope to finish the balance today if my
      > > schedule permits. It is an absolutely excellent
      > > document in my opinion, and I have NEVER EVER met
      > Nick
      > > and only know him by his involvement in the
      > > controversy. I did write to him once, but he never
      > > responded to me at that time. Thus, I have no
      > > personal feeling toward him one way or the other,
      > but
      > > after reading the first half it is obvious the
      > young
      > > man is extremely gifted and blessed in my opinion.

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?