15896Re: Gillespie's Latin anyone?

  • Chris Coldwell
    Jul 13, 2007
      Edgar
      A friend tried to do a "quickie" but said it needed more attention
      than that; so maybe in a few days. There is a lot of Latin in
      Gillespie to be sure; English Popish Ceremonies had more than its fair
      share, and I went through a lot of trouble to have it translated in
      the years before it was published in 1992. I haven't worked that much
      with the Miscelleny text, except for extracts and research on
      Gillespie authorship of Wholesome Severity.
      Sincerely,
      Chris Coldwell
      Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
      The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"
      <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

      > Chris,
      >
      > Thank you! Let me know what you find out. There is a lot of Latin with
      > Gillespie and I only studied a semester of Latin, not enough to
      > translate it, I'm afraid.
      >
      > Edgar Ibarra
      >
      > www.PresbiterianoReformado.org <http://www.PresbiterianoReformado.org>
      >
      > visiting Berkshire RPCNA mission work
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Coldwell"
      > <naphtali@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm unaware the Miscelleny has received any critical treatment (such
      > > as translating the Latin for us ignorant folk). I'll post this on
      > > Puritanboard; there are some armchair Latinist there.
      > > Sincerely,
      > > Chris Coldwell
      > > Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
      > > The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
      > >

      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"
      > > puritanpresbyterian@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Does anyone know where one can get the Latin tanslation(s) for
      > > > Gillespie? For example the below from his Miscelleny Questions ch.2
      > the
      > > > last paragraph. Thanks!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic