      From: Jerry <ragingcalvinist@...>
      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2007 6:08:41 PM
      Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Terms of Communion

      Sure thing, Glenn.

      The Six Terms of Communion:

      1. An acknowledgment of the Old and New Testament to be the word of God, and the alone infallible rule of faith and practice.

      2. That the whole doctrine of the Westminster Confession of Faith, and the Catechisms, Larger and Shorter, are agreeable unto, and founded upon, the Scriptures.

      3. That presbyterial Church Government and manner of worship are alone of divine right and unalterable; and that the most perfect model of these as yet attained, is exhibited in the Form of Government and Directory For Worship, adopted by the Church of Scotland in the Second Reformation.

      4. That public, social covenanting, is an ordinance of God, obligatory on churches and nations under the New Testament; that the National Covenant and the Solemn League are an exemplification of this divine institution; and that these Deeds are of continued obligation upon the moral person; and in consistency with this—that the Renovation of these Covenants at Auchensaugh, 1712, was agreeable to the word of God.

      5. An approbation of the faithful contendings of the martyrs of Jesus, especially in Scotland, against Paganism, Popery, Prelacy, Malignancy and Sectarianism; immoral civil governments; Erastian tolerations and persecutions which flow from them; and of the Judicial Testimony emitted by the Reformed Presbytery in North Britain, 1761, and adopted by this church, with supplements; as containing a noble example to be followed, in contending for all divine truth, and in testifying against all corruptions embodied in the constitutions of either churches or states.

      6. Practically adorning the doctrine of God our Savior, by walking in all his commandments and ordinances blamelessly.

      gmw.

      Glenn Ferrell wrote:

      I know they may be found online.  However, for discussion sake, could one of you post the six terms of communion used by Covenanters?

      Glenn

      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________ J. Glenn Ferrell,  Pastor, Sovereign  Redeemer Presbyte rian Church,  Boise, Idaho ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________
      “To suppose that  whatever God  requireth  of us  that we have the  power of ourselves  to do,  is to make the cross  and grace of  Jesus Christ  of none effect.”            -John Owen (1616- 1683) ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

      All new Yahoo! Mail