15526Secret Society Paper

  • Walt Bre
    Apr 1, 2007
      Dear brethren,

      I know that I promised not to post again on here, and
      for going back on my promise I'm sorry. If you would
      grant me liberty to post only one document, I wanted
      to attach only part of the "Sins Committed By "The
      Effort" and Steps to Repentance" Issued by the Session
      of the RPNA (GM), March 22, 2007.

      There is also a supporting document called "Effort
      Emails (RPNA--GM)" that I am not including in this
      message to protect the names of those involved. I'm
      sure that people would like to read those supporting
      emails that are the primary reason for the Session
      Paper above, but I would ask you to contact Pastor
      Greg Price at (covpastor@...) if interested in
      the document.

      I saw Whit's comment this morning supporting the ideas
      promoted by Chris and others in the Presbyterian
      movement that not only are we an unfaithful church,
      but that we would border on the edge of the Morman
      Church, the Roman Catholic Ave Maria Worshippers,

      In interesting definition I found will most definitely
      scare away many people from EVER and NEVER consider
      even reading our Terms of Communion, and subsequent
      Session and Presbytery Decisions that our Church has
      issued since around 1996. The definition says:

      "Cults are groups that often exploit members
      psychologically and/or financially, typically by
      making members comply with leadership's demands
      through certain types of psychological manipulation,
      popularly called mind control, and through the
      inculcation of deep-seated anxious dependency on the
      group and its leaders.

      "A cult is a group or movement exhibiting a great or
      excessive devotion or dedication to some person, idea
      or thing and employing unethically manipulative
      techniques of persuasion and control (e.g. isolation
      from former friends and family, debilitation, use of
      special methods to heighten suggestibility and
      subservience, powerful group pressures, information
      management, suspension of individuality or critical
      judgement, promotion of total dependency on the group
      and fear of [consequences of] leaving it, etc)
      designed to advance the goals of the group's leaders
      to the actual or possible detriment of members, their
      families, or the community."

      Based upon the above definition, after our Elders have
      learned about the Secret Society within our own
      Church, I can see how not only those of us who are
      left inside the RPNA (GM), but those especially who
      were members inside the RPNA (GM) as part of this
      Secret Society, will be viewed likewise.

      After I read the documents of this Secret Society, I
      can understand what these guys were trying to do and I
      do not believe they intended to create the problems
      that ultimately led many away from our church (this is
      my own opinion). Surely, some have already admitted
      that they have never felt better since leaving our
      church, but others I'm sure may look back on The
      Effort and the means they used with sorrow.

      As I study these documents, and all the documents that
      make up the basis for nearly 30 excommunications, I am
      firmly convinced now that my brothers and sisters have
      misunderstood the doctrine of true Presbyterian
      jurisdiction and the duties of membership by oath.
      These two primary fundamental roots of the problem
      grew into a massive protest. The protest was:

      1) In the form of a Secret Society led by a few within
      our church who wanted to make a positive impact.

      2) In the form of a Public positive attack (admitted
      by some that a good offence is always better than a
      good defense) against the Elders to damage their
      reputations and destroy all their credibility.

      As I read the comments made by Whit and Chris, and
      others will most likely follow, I can see that as more
      and more people protest against us, for being strict
      Covenanters, the hammer is going to fall on our heads
      in the future. There is no doubt that as more and
      more people see us as a threat to their own
      backslidden Presbyterian churches, and their own
      unfaithful testimony as faithful Covenanters, the
      flame throwers will be forthcoming and likely with a
      vengeance.

      For those who would like to pray for us, please join
      me in the following prayers before the feet of Christ:

      1) That the Lord will enlighten the hearts of those
      who participated in The Effort and reveal to them the
      sin of schism it caused within the RPNA (GM). For
      those who the Session Paper only hardens and causes
      more forthcoming words of vengeance against us and the
      Elders, that the Lord would use those words to be the
      seeds of another Reformation within His Church.

      2) That the Lord would raise up Ministers and Elders
      to study intensely the testimony of the Scottish
      Covenanters and especially the fundamentals of how
      they preached biblical doctrine, discipline, form of
      government and form of worship. That this research
      and study will lead them to compare the Terms of
      Communion preached and practiced by the RPCNA, CLC,
      CRCNA, PCA and all the other Presbyterian
      denominations.

      3) That the Lord will allow the RPNA (GM) to at the
      very least find one more Pastor for Edmonton and one
      more Ruling Elder for Albany so that we may have two
      ordinary locally defined Session courts, and move us
      away from being defined as a cult that has only an
      extraordinary Session court with two Ruling Elders in
      Edmonton and one Pastor in Albany.

      4) That the Lord would reveal to other Ministers and
      Elders the lawfulness and faithfulness, in
      extraordinary and unsettled times, of a phone
      conference to discuss matters of church doctrine,
      discipline, form of worship and form of government.
      That the international phone conference, where two or
      three ordained ministers are gathered, is indeed
      lawful and faithful, and thereby does bring Christ
      into their midst to rule, bind and loose as He has
      promised in His word.

      4) Finally, that the Lord would soon return with His
      vial judgments upon the earth, and that historical
      post millennialism will be taught from the pulpits
      again sending fear of the Lord into each of us
      Covenanters and Presbyterians. The return of his vial
      judgments will indeed bring whole nations to covenant
      together, and cause a major change where those who
      desire to be faithful to His Majesty and Power will be
      loved, rather than labeled cults and openly despised.

      Please forgive my spelling errors and mistakes above,
      but I wanted to close out with my pleas as like anyone
      the more I see the labels coming against those in our
      church I admit it does give me fear. Not so much the
      fear of man, as I know man cannot touch me without the
      approval of God, but more that I will continue to
      stand in the face of fear, and not let my Lord down
      when the whole world begins to follow suit based upon
      the "cult" seeds planted by Rev. C. Matthew McMahon,
      Chris Coldwell and Whit Roberts (he did not say it,
      but implied it). Indeed, these seeds are now firmly
      planted in the minds of many, and likely in the future
      the reporters and media, I suspect it will challenge
      all our members to stay the course.

      As I am now finishing my 36 time reading the bible
      cover-to-cover, I was in the plane flying back from
      Africa and something jumped out at me I've read many
      times before. Nevertheless, it gave me a new meaning.

      "Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to
      be likeminded one toward another according to Christ
      Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify
      God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
      Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also
      received us to the glory of God." (Rom.15:5-7)

      "For as we have many members in one body, and all
      members have not the same office: So we, being many,
      are one body in Christ, and everyone members one of
      another. Having then gifts differing according to the
      grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us
      prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or
      ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that
      teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on
      exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with
      simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that
      showeth mercy, with cheerfulness. Let love be without
      dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to
      that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to
      another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one
      another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit,
      serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in
      tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
      Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to
      hospitality. Bless them which persecute you: bless,
      and curse not. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and
      weep with them that weep. Be of the same mind one
      toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend
      to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own
      conceits. Recompense to no man evil for evil.
      Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it
      be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably
      with all men." (Rom.12:5-18).

      These are some words, as revealed by our Lord to Paul,
      and have given me a special blessing as I prepare for
      the power of words, and the seeds planted in the
      hearts and minds of those who want neither
      reformation, nor want anything to do with God's
      appointed Ministers and Elders in this life.

      May the Lord be with you all,
      Walt.

      Need Mail bonding?