15426Re: On going events

  • bob_suden
    Feb 28, 2007
      Greetings,
      My mistake and my most abject-est apologies. A  little cuckoo bird told me that it is very possible our brother Walt  below is really referring to some unpublished documents regarding the group in the former RPNA(GM) that put together the Charitable Inquiry  of the Positional Paper on Sessional Authority . You know, the conspiracy which we know was not a conspiracy because they all signed their names on the title/front page of the CI. You know, those brethren who had a bunch of still unanswered questions about a session which is not a session.

      I am sure enough of a hullabaloo can be made within the RPNA(GM) by the elders themselves, if not their sycophantic followers,  to persuade, if not hoodwink, the gullible and immature in Christ  into buying the argument  that the "sins" of these "conspiratorial" brethren are more than enough to outweigh and overwhelm the shoddy scholarship, logical butcherwork and fallacious arguments of the PPSA which  preceded said "conspiracy."

      While of course, even said followers are free to pick their own poison, Pt. 2 of A Mind is A Terrible Thing to Waste - Unless You are a Faithful Member in Good Standing in the RPNA(GM)  will DV address the next two arguments in the PPSA. They are not only  logical fallacies of the undistributed middle term, as are the first two examples, but are also fallacies of division. (The first is by far the favorite erroneous argument of the PPSA if we leave out the  suppression of alternative evidence/insufficient information.)  After that a look at more of the blatant contradictions of the June '06 PPSA  with the sources it quotes,  as well the June '03 letter  from the elders is planned. In other words, there should be plenty to talk about, all the while  waiting for the next well studied missive from the session.

      Not to worry though, it is enough that  blind, subservient and obedient  faith believes what it is told. If the PPSA says so, it must be so (p.29): "(W)e are the RPNA(GM)." Say it loud and  say it proud. Should be enough to brass past anybody who doesn't know better and even worse, doesn't want to know better.

        Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
        And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

                                                                                                            John 8:31,32

      Thank you very much,
      cordially in Christ,
      BSuden

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bob_suden" <bsuden@...> wrote:

      > Greetings Walter,
      >
      > Sorry to take so long getting back to you.
      >
      > Thanks also for putting in a good word for the Reformed Presbyterian
      > Veritas <http://reformedveritas.blogspot.com/> site and the RPNA(GM)
      > timeline
      > <http://reformedveritas.blogspot.com/2006/11/rpna-to-rpnagm-chronologyti\
      > meline-under.html> . . . . .
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "humbled.learner"
      > humbled.learner@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Whit,
      > >
      > > As I understand from the Elders, there will be coming out another
      > > paper or booklet discussing some of the unpublished documents that led
      > > up to the series of events that caught many of us off guard. Some of
      > > these documents have recently come to light and I believe the Elders
      > > will begin to study these documents as well. Sometimes things are not
      > > so crystal clear at first look. I'll be patiently waiting to see this
      > > next set of documents when they are published to make a more informed
      > > decision as to the entire picture. I would ask you to please wait as
      > > well and indeed encourage you to read Bob S. site as he has done a
      > > nice job of laying out the public events we know of so far. I think
      > > the real heart of matter is just being uncovered and studied.
      > >
      > > I suspect their report will not come for another month or so as I
      > > understand, but it will be forthcoming. Nobody indeed, especially
      > > Elders, like to be classified tyrants and innovators. I think these
      > > next set of documents and the Elders paper/booklet will help balance
      > > the scales for many who have already ruled against them.
      > >
      > > May you be blessed,
      > > Walt.

    • Show all 36 messages in this topic