15309Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Welcome, wayward Covenanters....

  • Willena Flewelling
    Nov 29, 2006
      No need to apologize, Katrina. The only reason I didn't answer yesterday is that I feel a great need to weigh my words very carefully these days, and needed time to think about it.

      Willena

      desire_pure_heart wrote:

      Dear list;

      Last night while fixing suppper, I realized that I should not have
      put questions to Willena and Edgar, if you both are still under the
      three Elders authority... .

      I forgot that it is considered your duty to rebuke me first before
      addressing anything to me...I appoligize for putting you in such a
      place...

      Feel free to ignore my post.

      Blessings,

      ~Katrina~

      --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, "desire_pure_ heart"
      <triple3ranch@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
      modern
      > ones that is...the ones who left all to follow the PRCE, or former
      > RPNA...for the last 16 years...well almost, that long, not calling
      > themselves Covenanters for all those years, for in the beginning
      they
      > considered themselves Reformed Presbyterians. ..and were friends
      with
      > Pastor Richard Bacon.I thought of your **Willena** comments of not
      > being ministered to for the last seven months...and wondered what
      > really caused that? Why Willena did that happen? Was it just you
      that
      > went throught that or are there others having this experience?
      >
      > Of Edgar's adamant comments that he is still having Communion with
      > those who have been excommunicated. ...why are you Edgar? In time
      you
      > will be excommunicated for this act Edgar...and what do you mean by
      > following the first six terms....is there a difference now?
      >
      > The article on Legalism versus Grace that I posted, when I first
      read
      > it, I thought of the many instances where I'd have to consider that
      > in the past I did follow legalism, I was a Legalist.... I did think
      > was pleasing the Lord more with my worship than other Christians
      who
      > used Instruments and songs that were not a part of the Psalter that
      > the RPNA approved.
      > Of my Superior Christian life, over that of my extended family that
      > though they themselves Christians, attended local Worship services
      > in Churches, that did not hold to the SLC and most not even knowing
      > anything about that document. I had agreed with the teaching of my
      > RPNA elders, that my extended family's ministers were not faithful.
      >
      > Gerry, a question to you....if Elders follow strictly the six terms
      > of communion, what would make them Tyrants...I mean why should
      anyone
      > call them that, if they are just following the terms strictly?
      >

      > Is there a problem with the terms themselves? Would Christ follow
      > them Himself, if His earthly ministry had fallen during our
      day....is
      > it possible that He would have addressed the followers of those 6
      > terms, like He did the Pharisees?
      >
      > I noticed in reading the Elders defense of June that there is 5
      terms
      > of membership mentioned... I do not remember reading or hearing
      that
      > before....can someone, maybe Edgar explain please what those 5
      terms
      > of membership are?
      >
      > I have many more questions, but this is probably long enough for
      one
      > post.
      >
      > Blessings,
      >
      > ~Katrina Schumacher~
      > former member and promoter of the RPNA
      > now communicate member of Rimbey Christian Reformed Church

      Flewelling
      > <wrose@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Jerry, you are sweet, and I love you!
      > >
      > > I have not been delivered unto Satan yet, but only because I
      don't
      > speak
      > > up unless confronted directly. As one who has not been spoken to
      AT
      > ALL
      > > for the past seven months, by the two elders who lead worship in
      > > Edmonton, I suspect it won't be long. They know who my friends
      are.

      > > I will always be a covenanter, but am scrambling at the moment,
      > > wondering exactly what it means to be one.
      > >
      > > Willena
      > >
      > > ************ ********* ********* **
      > > gmw.> To those Covenanters who sadly find themselves
      > recently "delivered
      > > unto Satan," for their not being able in good conscience to swear
      > > themselves to what they believe to be tyranny...
      > >
      > > YOU ARE WELCOME HERE, as far as I'm concerned.
      > >
      > > I'm saddened and angered to hear of all this horrible mess, and I
      > > don't want any of you to take my "silence" to be an approval of
      the
      > > lawfulness of these actions.
      > >
      > > God bless you and keep you, through these troublous times.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic