15259Re: Welcome, wayward Covenanters....

    Nov 10, 2006
      Sorry about this, Shawn.

      This is a place where we can discuss covenantal theology. If you have
      a topic in mind, let us know.

      What's going on here lately is that a church group calling themselves
      the Reformed Presbytery of North America (General Meeting), proporting
      to be the faithful maintainers of the traditions of the Covenanters
      (Reformed Presbyterians), has recently expelled quite a few members
      (10 in one shot, by my count), excommunicating them, for their
      unwillingness to swear an oath affirming the lawful authority of the
      one teaching elder (in the US) and their 2 ruling elders (in Canada)
      to rule together as a session that has authority not over one local
      church, but over several bodies of people (called societies) under
      their inspection in various places throughout the US and Canada.

      Some of us who identify with the Covenanters/Reformed Presbyterians,
      but are not members of this group, felt the need to respond to this
      public act by publically testifying against it, and by reaching out
      our hands of fellowship to those who have been put out of their church.

      I hope this helps, and I apologize for the delayed response.

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, <stroberson@...> wrote:

      > I'm lost!!!
      >
      > I just recently joined this group, and I have no idea what anyone is
      talking about. I was expecting a list on covenantal theology. Can
      someone explain what you are talking about? Maybe I need to be
      somewhere else.

      > In His Service,
      > Shawn Roberson
      > Memorial Presbyterian (PCA)