14877Re: [Covenanted Reformation] public blasphemy laws.........

  • Fred blahous
    Jul 4, 2006
      I understood James to have been going by a mistaken understanding of
      Jerry's beliefs.

      As regards compulsory attendence, the entire history of Israel shows
      the necessity of it. This is what is meant by a Christian Kingdom,
      is it not?

      All the best,
      Fred.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bump"
      <lbump@...> wrote:

> [...]
      Reformers.
      > I also don't think that the person refered to in the initial post
      was Jerry,
      > but I might have misunderstood.
      >

      > > Only individuals who obstinantly maintain worship rites and
      publish
      > > pamphlets contrary to God's own religiion who cannot be
      reclaimed in
      > > any other way.
      >
      > That is also the position I stated earlier, so again, no arguments
      form me.

      > > I am assuming he would also support compulsory
      > > attendence laws to go with national establishment of
      > > Presbyterry. "How will they hear unless they have a preacher?",
      > > after all.
      >
      > I can see the seeming logic of this, but no Scriptural warrant or
      example.

      > Larry

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic