14591The Best Preparation for Studying Justification

  • Michael Gaydosh
    May 11, 2006
      The Best Preparation for Studying Justification

      According to James Buchanan (1804-1870), from p. 222 of his greatest
      work "The Doctrine of Justification",
      "The best preparation for the study of this doctrine is - neither
      great intellectual ability, nor much scholastic learning - but a
      conscience impressed with a sense of our actual condition as sinners
      in the sight of God. A deep conviction of sin is the one thing
      needful in such an inquiry, - a conviction of the FACT of sin, as an
      awful reality in our own personal experience, - of the POWER of sin,
      as an inveterate evil cleaving to us continually, and having its
      roots deep in the innermost recesses of our hearts, - and of the
      GUILT of sin, past as well as present, as an offence against God,
      which, once committed, can never cease to be true of us individually,
      and which, however He may be pleased to deal with it, has deserved
      His wrath and righteous condemnation. Without some such conviction of
      sin, we may speculate on this, as on any other, part of divine truth,
      and bring all the resources of our intellect and learning to bear
      upon it, but can have no suitable sense of our actual danger, and no
      serious desire for deliverance from it. To study the subject with
      advantage, we must have a heartfelt interest in it, as one that bears
      directly on the salvation of our own souls; and this interest can
      only be felt in proportion as we realize our guilt, and misery, and
      danger, as transgressors of God's Law."

      This magisterial volume is once again available. There is no better
      time for this classic treatment of the history and exposition of
      Justification by Faith alone, in Christ alone, by grace alone.

      We are extending the discount until May 14th.

      List price $32.99 - Sale $17.95 (45% off)

      Every blessing...

      Michael Gaydosh
      Solid Ground Christian Books