14589League of Non-Voters

  • Tom
    Apr 29, 2006
      Don't Vote!

      "An election is nothing more than an advance auction
      of stolen goods." -- H.L. Mencken

      Welcome to the League of Non-Voters. Sponsored by the Economic
      Government Group, this site is the focal point for the idea that
      political government doesn't work and, contrary to conventional
      wisdom, democracy may be the worst form of it of all. We offer
      essays and links to external resources, and invite you to
      participate in our Black Ribbon Campaign against voting.

      At first it may seem strange to stand against voting. Across the
      globe, voting is revered as a synonym for freedom, and democracy as
      the system that best defends liberty. It is a testament to how
      widespread this belief is that even in the libertarian movement
      democracy is extolled. The largest membership organization in the
      movement is the Libertarian Party of the United States. Many if not
      most of the movement's organizations lobby public officials and
      promote legislation. Worse still, leaders of those organizations and
      the authors of their publications frequently list elected and even
      appointed office as credentials.

      But what difference is it to list "senator" or "finance minister" as
      a credential than to list "tax collector"? To be any of the three,
      or any other of the uncountable agents of the state, is to
      participate in an inherently immoral enterprise. It's been said that
      democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for
      breakfast. We couldn't agree more.

      Essays

      Abstention is not Apathy
      by Alvin Lowi, Jr.