14539Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Usury or the Charging of Interest on Money Lent

  • Parnell McCarter
    Apr 17, 2006
      > I suppose I ought to confess, I have not read a great deal about
      > economics.

      For those who would be interested, the Puritans' Home School Curriculum
      (www.puritans.net ) does have free course material for economics. The
      objective was to make a course consistent with the doctrines of the
      Westminster Stds. (BTW- While Dr. Gary North may have a number of useful
      insights, he is not a full subscriptionist to the *real* Westminster Stds.
      Nor was Adam Smith, by an even longer shot!!) Authors of economics
      textbooks who do not adhere to the doctrines of the Westminster Stds should
      not be expected to write textbooks consistent with the Westminster Stds.
      These archers are aiming at a different target.

      - Parnell McCarter
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic