14499Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Usury or the Charging of Interest on Money Lent

  • forisraelssake
    Apr 12, 2006
      > Buying and selling currencies is one for of investment that falls
      > under this category. I humbly ask you, what Christian could look
      > upon the profession of Christianity in a man who buys and sells
      > currencies to get rich quick and does not labor for what is good
      > himself?

      I fail to see how engaging in currency arbitrage is ungodly. It is a
      risky endevour, that takes skill and talent, it equalizes markets,
      removes local provincial distortions in pricing, and ensures the
      fairest price predominates globally, rather than irrational local gouging.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic