14328Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Covenanter Groups/Two-Tierd Membership

    Jan 21, 2006
      Christopher,

      I'm not in the RPNA, and as I mentioned in previous posts, I don't quite
      understand their position on the two-tiered membership (I've been
      pointed towards materials to read, which I'll get to when I have time).
      I do know that in the past, RP's have given out tokens to those who have
      been examined and found worthy of partaking. This assumes that some
      members may not be admitted to the Lord's Table for reasons touched on
      in the Catechism questions provided. But outside of that, I guess I
      have the same question that you have. What is this initial membership
      that is not communicant membership? Is it like being a Catechumen in
      the early church? I'm still trying to figue this all out myself.

      gmw.