14297[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Covenanter Groups

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Jan 11, 2006
      Christopher,

      Thank you for correcting me on his name. That is correct, Fred,
      not Frank! Mea Culpa. Puritan Reformed Church is an independant
      Presbyterian Church not far from Westminster Seminary West. I
      attended there (months before Rev. DiLella came) while in transition
      from the PCA (Yorba Linda) to the OPC (S.F.) on the recommendation
      of Richard Bacon (who was the person that helped me see the truth of
      Exclusive Psalmody via e-mails). Their former pastor was Rev.
      Wallace (cannot recall his first name) then he retired but before he
      did they had called Rev. DiLella to the pulpit, KNOWING he was a
      Covenanter, then ran him out. They (last I checked) are without a
      TE at present and only have three REs. Rev. Wallace was at one time
      a part of the OPC.

      Regards,

      Edgar Ibarra

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, trygvesson@a...
      wrote:

      > In a message dated 1/11/2006 4:36:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      > puritanpresbyterian@y... writes:
      > "Concerning Jim Dodson Ginny has answered you. He is just a
      layman. Why he
      > did not join the PRCE/RPNA i the past, I personally do not know.
      > Someone/body else here may have the answer. Derek Edwards, if I
      remember correctly is
      > alone with one layman, that is the last I heard. Frank DiLella,
      received and
      > took a call at the Puritan Reformed Church in San Diego years
      ago."

      > Just an FYI, it is Rev Fred DiLella and not "Frank." I had my
      first semester
      > of Greek with Rev DiLella at Christ College back in 1997. Though
      I strongly
      > disagreed with his practical independency, he was helpful, fun to
      talk with,
      > and seemed like a nice fellow.
      >
      > What is the "Puritan Reformed Church in San Diego?" Are they part
      of a
      > presbytery, associated with anyone, or are they independant?
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > Christopher Coombes
      > Lynchburg Reformed Presbyterian Fellowship,
      > Lynchburg, VA
      > Member, Triangle RPC
      > RPCNA
      >
      > _