14291Re: Covenanter Groups

  • Whit
    Jan 10, 2006
      I've a copy of the RPCNA Constitution, which has the WCF and the
      RPCNA Testimony. Their Testimony is their qualification of the WCF,
      and some of it denies parts of the WCF sometimes without explanation
      (such as the chapter on the Magistrate).

      Whit

      Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:

      > Susan and Jerry,
      >
      > Thank you so very much for clearing this up. Jerry as you
      know,
      > I have tried to tip toe around specifics last year and this time
      > around just mentioned two. As you said, it is best to keep this
      in-
      > house until things are worked out, that way our discussions can be
      > worked out without an environment of mockery or jeering, which
      does
      > not help anything. I too pray that the two remaining Covenanter
      > groups in the United States/Canada will one day be united on Truth
      > and love.
      >
      > As for the RPNA as it stands today we were formed as the RPNA in
      > 2000 and due to the issue surrounding birth control, the
      Presbytery
      > dissolved as one of the ministers voluntarily left the other 3
      > elders that remain in our "General Meeting", a term used before,
      > after the atrocious Revolution Settlement.
      >
      > I and I believe Jerry is of the same mind (?) will not air our
      > problems/differences here, that would be UNWISE and unproductive,
      so
      > I respectful will not answer, personally if any one else does I
      hope
      > they do so with caution and wisdom, questions pertaining to this.
      >
      > Respectful in Christ,
      >
      > Edgar Ibarra
      > RPNA in Albany, NY
      > www.ReformedPresbytery.org
      > www.TrueCovenanter.com
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "susanandcrew"
      > <gpyp@p...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Oh, see? I should have just stayed quiet.
      > >
      > > Yeah, what Jerry said...
      > >
      > > Susan
      > >

      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"
      > > <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Not my favorite subject, but....
      > > >
      > > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "nodelink7"

      > > among the

      > > > That would be ~person~... the PERSON behind covenanter.org.
      > > >
      > > > 1 The wicked man's transgression
      > > > within my heart thus says,
      > > > Undoubtedly the fear of God
      > > > is not before his eyes.
      > > >
      > > > 2 Because himself he flattereth
      > > > in his own blinded eye,
      > > > Until the hatefulness be found
      > > > of his iniquity.
      > > >
      > > > 3 Words from his mouth proceeding are,
      > > > fraud and iniquity:
      > > > He to be wise, and to do good,
      > > > hath left off utterly.
      > > >
      > > > 4 He mischief, lying on his bed,
      > > > most cunningly doth plot:
      > > > He sets himself in ways not good,
      > > > ill he abhorreth not.
      > > > (Psalm 36)
      > > >
      > > > Many of us scorned by the man, but still holding to the cause,
      > are
      > > > associated with:

      > > > Essentially the same bunch of people, mostly from
      Pennsylvania.
      > We
      > > > are in many things, including the six terms of communion, in
      > > agreement
      > > > with

      > > > though there are some issues that have not as of yet been
      worked
      > > out,
      > > > things I don't like to discuss in public. I remember us
      trying
      > > do
      > > > so once, much to the amusement of mockers and jeerers
      everywhere!

      > > maintaining a
      > > >
      > > > A quick answer is first, that the groups in question arose
      > > separately
      > > > one from another, in two different countries, and second, that
      > > there
      > > > are some issues of concern that have as of yet not been worked
      > out.

      > claims
      > > binding
      > claimed
      > > to be
      > maintain
      > > >
      > > > Who specifically made that claim, btw? Just wondering.
      > > >
      > > > Division in the Church of Jesus Christ is a terrible thing, to
      be
      > > > lamented. Indeed, one might ask how the visible Church as a
      > whole
      > > > gives support to the claims of Scripture, when so many groups,
      > > > agreeing with each other on the binding nature of Scriptural
      > > teaching,
      > > > cannot maintain visible unity with each other on that basis.
      > > >
      > > > As someone once sang, "There's trouble in the kingdom, send a
      > > message
      > > > to the King!"
      > > >
      > > > My God mend the breaches and grant unity to His Church!
      > > >
      > > > gmw.

    • Show all 33 messages in this topic