14109Re: Westminster Confession compared to the Heidelberg Confession

  • berean1993
    Nov 26, 2005
      Jacobus:
      The two confessions are presented in parallel in the following work.

      Beeke, Joel R. (editor) and Sinclair B. Ferguson (editor), <A
      HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/080105222X/webedbiblicalc
      ou"><B>Reformed Confessions Harmonized</B></A><BR>
      "A helpful tool for ministers, scholars, church leaders, and all who
      love the Reformed faith." -- R.C. Sproul<BR>
      "Despite the acknowledged importance of confessional statements
      throughout church history, the most significant of these documents
      have never before been published in a single volume. Now Drs. Beeke
      and Ferguson have harmonized seven important Reformed
      confessions into a convenient parallel arrangement.<BR>
      "Joel R. Beeke is pastor of Heritage Netherlands Reformed
      Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and professor of systematic
      theology and homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary.
      Sinclair B. Ferguson, former professor at Westminster Theological
      Seminary, is now the minister of St. Georges-Tron parish in Glasgow,
      Scotland, and the author of numerous books on Reformed theology." --
      Publisher's Annotation
      <P>

      sk

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jacobus Venter"
      <kabousv@t...> wrote:

      > Dear Group
      >
      > Can anybody in brief explain to me the difference between
      > the Heildelberg Confession and the Westminster Confession?
      >
      > I read through lately, (not in detail) but it seems that
      > there are not much diffrence between them, and according to
      > my knowledge there should be, or am I wrong?
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Kobus Venter
      > (www.gkoosmoot.co.za)

      > For super low premiums, click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/quote