14103Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Today, 24 November....John Knox

  • Whit
    Nov 24, 2005
      Feliz Cumpleaños! I didn't realize that you are in your early 30's
      (only 2 years older than me). Your intelligence and wisdom led me
      to believe that you were in your 50's.

      I have been praying for the reform of Spain and Cuba especially and
      also for the Iberoamerican nations that have been in spiritual
      bondage either to Catholicism or other false religion. (There are
      Presbyterian missionaries in Spain although they are FPC.)

      Whit

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Linda A"
      <blwkk2@c...> wrote:

      > Happy birthday, Edgar. You're too young to be so wise.
      > Linda A
      > On Nov 25th, 100 years ago, my grandmother was born. She lived to
      be 95.

      Knox.

      > > 1. Because of God's use of this man and the mighty deeds the
      Lord
      > > wrought thru him, I like him, am a Presbyterian.
      > >
      > > 2. We also share a date. On 24 November 1572, the Lord God
      took
      > > this faithful pilgrim to be with Him.
      > >
      > > 400 years later to the day, on 24 November 1972 I was born.
      Yup,
      > > my birthday 400 years after Knox's death.
      > >
      > > Now I am not saying anything about that, that is where the
      > > similarities end, for I am no way nears what Knox was as far as
      what
      > > the Lord wrought thru him and in him.
      > >
      > > Just that we have those two things in common...
      > >
      > > Still praying that the LORD will raise a Knox for the Spanish
      > > speaking world, much, much reform is needed, especially amongst
      the
      > > Protestants there and even the Presbyterians in Latin America
      that
      > > have been fed the American style Presbyterianism that is
      unfaithful
      > > to the Biblical Presbyterianism found in the original Standards,
      &
      > > etc, etc.
      > >
      > > Yours in Christ
      > > and thankful to God