14084Re: Steelites

  • Fred blahous
    Nov 12, 2005
      G'day Whit.

      Since France was under James VI at the time, perhaps they would be
      covered by the National Covenant. Probably not though, since it
      doesn,t seem to have been sworn outside Scotland. Is there still a
      Huguenot Church under the Belgic Confession? I don't think the denom
      exists anymore.

      All the best,
      Fred.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Whit"
      <covie_pres.1646@v...> wrote:

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bump"
      > <lbump@b...> wrote:
      > >
      > > My first ancestor on this continent (Fortune, 1621) was Edouad
      > Boumpasse,
      > > French Huguenot refugee from France, through Leyden then London.
      > >
      > > Maybe I could pull this off?
      > >
      > > Wait a minute, does this mean I should be bound to any French
      > covenants as
      > > well as Scot? This could get confusing.
      > >
      > I've wondered the same (obligation to the French Confession or
      other
      > Huguenot subordinate standards and covenants) as I also have
      Huguenot
      > ancestry (through Forsyth who came through England).
      >
      > Whit

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic