13980Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Westminster Confession

    Sep 7, 2005
      Dear Kobus,

      Do you mean the Heidelberg Catechism? Or are you referring to the
      Belgic Confession? Either way, it is my opinion that there is very
      little if any substantial difference, as they are both holding forth the
      same True Protestant Religion. The wording is of course different,
      being written in different times by different men in different countries
      under different circumstances. The styles are different too, as I find
      the Heidelberg Catechism to be very pastoral and tender, while the
      Westminster Catechisms seem to be to be more straight forward and more
      thorough.

      Any other opinions out there for Mr. Ventor?

      gmw.