      Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 3:02 PM
      Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Friendly clarifications.

      Parnell, Matthew, et al,

       Parnell wrote:
      <Mr. Winzer, I am not RP. Indeed, I reject classical Cameronianism,

      You know Parnell, we do have many points of agreement, some even in
      points that we would not have with Matthew.  Meanwhile we also
      recognize our points of disagreement, as you pointed out in the
      comments I quote above.  I believe that the RPNA and the FPCoS
      understand what classical Presbyterianism meant on the point of
      sparation from true churches, without regulating them to synogogues
      of Satan.  As you point out below, that if a church is good enough
      to join then it should be good enough to merge with. Our separate
      stance does not entail that they are no longer true churches, if so
      then Matthew would need to urge unity with every other true church
      in the world as is.  We say in the RPNA ask and pray for unity, but
      on Biblical foundations and Truths, not just because, as Matthew is
      alluding to.

        I need to say that the FPCoS is candid and honest when they
      declare themselves to be the pure and faithful church on the Earth
      and that is why they cannot merge with other bodies and are sending
      missionaries to the USA.  They are telling the American Presbyterian
      Churches, that they are not faithful and not up to par to merge with.

      From the official web site http://www.freepres.org/main.asp of the
      Free Presbyterian Church, here is what they say when identifying
      themselves on this point:

      The Stand
      of the Free Presbyterian Church:
      Separatist in Practice, believing and practicing the doctrine of
      Biblical separatism. In accordance with this, the Free Presbyterian
      Church has no association with the modern Ecumenical or Charismatic
      movements, nor will it fellowship with any church which has departed
      from the fundamental doctrines of the Word of God.

      Again in regard to their formation:

      How It All Began
      The Free Presbyterian Church
      From four congregations in that first year, the growth of the new
      church continued until its witness spread to all parts of Northern
      Ireland. The church was founded to faithfully preach and defend the
      gospel of Christ in an age of growing compromise and apostasy. That
      determination is still to be found in every Free Presbyterian Church.

        So I would ask, why not instead of becoming a new denomination,
      didn't they join the Free Church of Scotland?  Was it because Rev.
      Ian Paisley called them no true church of Christ? How about any
      other church...was there no true church in the world for the four
      congregations to join with?

        Separation from other churches demands that you either call
      yourself the most faithful and pure and hence the reason for your
      separation and non-merger with others or you are not going to claim
      that and say that you are equal with others, just don't agree with
      this bit or that bit.  Which will beg the question as to the
      justification of your ecclesiastical separation.  Either a church
      remains separate because that body believes it to be more faithful
      than others or they do not believe such and therefore their separate
      existence is unjustifiable and are guilty of schism.

         The RPNA is candid and honest when we state that we are the most
      pure and faithful in that which God has granted to His church for
      it's sanctification and maturity, while RECOGNIZING that other
      Presbyterian bodies ARE True Churches, just like the FPCoS does. It
      just so happens that we are calling for a return to Covenant
      obligations and people do not like this and make us out to be
      claiming something that we do not.

        Separation is warrantable under certain circumstances and
      classical Presbyterianism teaches this.  For a Presbyterian minister
      not to recognize that fact is plain sad and leads to
      misrepresentation and such other unpleasantries.

        All of this to say Matthew, that the issue is not whether a Church
      is True, it is about Faithfulness to what Christ has given to her
      and to maintain this Sanctification and Purity given to go &
      continue to Reform onwards.  That is that the Second Reformation
      Church, Covenanted unto God, was the most Faithful, Mature, and
      Puriest Church since the Apostles' time and more so than the
      Revolution Church.  Therefore, when the rag tag ramanant of
      Covenanters refused to join the Revolution Church because she
      refused to own the Covenanted Reformation, it was not due to her
      being no Church at all, but due to her unfaithfulness, league in
      covenant-breaking, and deformation and back-sliding.  The Revolution
      Church was a retrograde and refused to own the Covenanted
      Reformation that would have established further purity and
      reformation unto Christ's Church if they would have embraced it and
      rejected King William's Erastian usurpation.

        It is time for you to realize that this IS our stand and stop
      playing word games and let us discuss the issues and not wrangle
      like lawyers do in a court room.

      It is NOT about whether or not the Revolution Church is a True
      Church, it is the fact that they broke covenant with God and thereby
      became unfaithful in her testimony and as regards the Solemn League
      & Covenant, covenants they were/are bound to recognize and own up to
      and swear allegiance to, broke and therefore became an unduly
      constituted church, thereby becoming a NEW church, one in which
      Covenanters could not join with, without also becoming allies and co-
      federates with such blatant covenant-breaking and unfaithfulness.

      Hopefully this clears it up some more...

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "J. Parnell
      McCarter" <jparnellm@u...> wrote:
      > Mr. Winzer, below you changed my word "join" to your
      word "attend".  There
      > is an important distinction between attending a church versus
      joining it.
      > The FPCS urges all people in America to *join* the FPCS even in
      > without a FPCS congregation, just as the Church of Scotland during
      Knox per
      > the First Book of Discipline urged people to join its church, even
      > there was no local CofS ministry.
      > With respect to attendance at some local non-FPCS church, its
      advice would
      > vary, depending upon the nature of the options in the locality.
      > Just to reiterate, if there were some other denomination in
      America that the
      > FPCS urged people to join, then logically speaking the FPCS should
      > with that other denomination, or enter into affiliate status with
      it.  A
      > denomination good enough to join is good enough to merge with.
      > - Parnell McCarter

      Yahoo! Groups Links