13611Re: [Covenanted Reformation] nathan eshelman: new member

  • Fred blahous
    Aug 13, 2005
      But no-one ever attacks others personally, only positions. This is
      the opposite of the Calvin Lives club which I was on for a while,
      where they constantly ripped into everyone, from Deano at Calvinist
      Singles to Larry Birger at SWRB, etc. This group is a welcome change
      from all that.

      All the best,
      Fred.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Grenon"
      <cheryl@g...> wrote:
      > Dear Nate,
      >
      > If you could see some of the theological drubbings that are
      sometimes handed out around here you would understand why the women
      tend to stay on the sidelines in discussion.

      > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
      Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
      throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo paint
      and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
      doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada does
      not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP

      > Cheryl

      a "bible wife" is also in the "club".
      > I think that more of the wives should join in the theological
      discussion as well as the husbands see the importance of nursing. As
      you may know, Lydia nurses both of our children. (Owen for life,
      Anna for sleeping and comfort.

      > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or
      other dead animal- but I believe that Christian liberty allows
      others to!

      > Nate
      >
      > Cheryl Grenon <cheryl@g...> wrote:
      > Welcome Nathan! I believe your wife, Lydia, is a member of my
      Biblewives list.

      > I'm Cheryl Grenon, mom to 12, the youngest of whom is about
      2 weeks older than your Owen. One of my sons is named Nathanael as
      well. I also have 2 grandchildren. My husband and I have been
      married for almost 25 years. I am a member of the Prince George
      Society associated with the RPNA. My dh is not reformed so the
      children and I attend without him.

      > I don't own any rifles or shot guns, but my dh does. He also
      has reloading equipment. Does this count?

      > I don't like cigars or cigarettes, and can't stand the taste
      of beer. Give me chocolate and hard ciders or white zinfandel any
      day.

      > I take nursing my son quite seriously and frequently wear
      scrubs to demonstrate my devotion to this duty. It gets me funny
      looks in the grocery store, however, because people see me with what
      is obviously a new baby and wearing a work uniform and they assume I
      am back "at work" already. Little do they know that scrubs are
      extremely comfortable, durable and practically stainproof mothering
      wear. I do work in health care, but I do it from my own home as I
      am a certified practitioner in alternative healthcare. My long term
      goal is to get my Ph.D. and become a naturopath.

      > Cheryl

      Emergency Medicine there
      > with my
      > > RN]. I enjoy fly fishing, long range varmint hunting and
      handgun hunting
      > of
      > > deer, turkey etc, am an FFL and enjoy most all things
      regarding firearms,
      > also
      > > enjoy smoking pipe and cigars and sampling single malts
      or dark ales
      > while
      > > discussiong theology, philosophy etc.
      >
      > As I learn more and more, I find I like you better!
      > I am a C&R FFL holder, EMT/FF (volunteer), bullet caster and
      reloader. My
      > focus is more historical arms and such; the eyes aren't good
      enough for long
      > range stuff.
      > If I ever have another secular career it will likely be RN,
      too. But I
      > can't find anyone that enjoys dark ales with me and likes to
      discuss
      > Reformed Theology. ;-(
      >
      > Larry

      of Service.