13035[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Rick Warren and Enemy of Jesus Christ!

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Jun 20, 2005
      Kevin,

      Thank you for explaining who he is. Now I remember, I have heard
      of his church and seen his books, but his name just didn't click
      with me. He must be on par with the Willow Creek guy (who's name
      also now slips my memory). Yeah, said day when we ask fallen
      wretched & sinful man who is in enmity against our God, how to best
      worship God so that they will come to church, so that they can get
      their ticket to paradise...

      Now Tetsel I do remember...

      Thanks again Kevin!

      Yours in Christ,

      Edgar

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Guillory"
      <staphlobob@v...> wrote:
      > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:57:06 -0400, Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
      > <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > Who is Rick Warren?
      >
      > That you have to ask indicates that you are indeed blessed.
      Seriously!
      > Rick Warren is a "pastor" of a megachurch (Saddleback).
      He's also the
      > author of a "how to grow a megachurch" book ("The Purpose Driven
      Church")
      > that describes in detail how one is to cater to the whims,
      fancies,
      > trends, fads, and perceived needs of a local population in order
      to found
      > a "church" that will attract them.
      > He also authored the tremendously popular book "The Purpose
      Driven Life"
      > wherein he has made himself the godlet of many pastors who worship
      him.
      > The book has also spawned the inevitable market for purpose-driven-
      kitch.
      > Now we know he is deeply involved with the new age movement.
      > IMO the man is an obvious wolf in sheep's clothing. Someone
      to be
      > avoided, but prayed for.
      >
      > Kevin Guilory
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic