12866RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Impe moves to Rome!!!

  • keith dotzler
    May 7, 2005

      Well said Jason!

      I wonder if Van Impe would lend credence to the following eschatological opinions:

      "The king of pride is even at hand; and an army of priests is prepared; which is a wicked or horrible thing to be spoken of."

      "I speak it boldly, whosoever calleth himself the universal priest, or so desireth so to be called, in the pride of his heart he is the forerunner of antichrist."

      Guess who spoke those words?  Pope Gregory I. (6th century)!

      I wonder if Van Impe is also aware of the fact that, prior to the 5th Lateran Council (1215) - wherein the Pope forbade any and all speculation as to the identity of the Antichrist - even some of the church of Rome's own priests (along with all of the pre-Reformation Christians) had begun identifying her as the harlot, her head the Antichrist?

      I wonder if Van Impe is also aware of the fact that the New Catholic Encyclopedia ADMITS that Futurism (belief in a future, unknowable antichrist) originated with the Jesuit Ribera?

      "The originator of this interpretation [i.e., Futurism] was Francisco de Ribera, whose commentary appeared in 1591.....Ribera held that the first five seals [of the Apocalypse] refer to the primitive Church down to the reign of Trajan. The last seals and the rest of the book have to do with the end-time."

      So.......why isn't Van Impe listening to the above Romanist "authors and theologians?"  Because he, like Billy Graham before him, has been sent strong delusion by the Lord, that he should believe a lie; namely, that the Antichrist is not the man of sin, but a man of God.

      Keith