12606RE: [Covenanted Reformation]No AntiChrist Alive and Pope John Paul

  • keith dotzler
    Apr 4, 2005

      What do we do now that there is no living "Pope?"

      There is always a living Pope; hence, there is always a man of sin.  The next one in the dynasty just hasn't been formally crowned yet.

      God has decreed that the Antichrist - a dynasty of "Latin men" (Lateinos) would:
      • sit in the professing Church (the temple of God),
      • wear out the saints,
      • trample their blood under foot,
      • speak great blasphemies against the Most High,
      • think to change times and laws,
      • cause small and great, rich and poor, to receive a mark, &c., &c.
      ......from the days of the removal of the Roman Empire, until the return of Jesus Christ.

      That being the case, the succession is never broken, and the world is never "Antichrist-free," just because one man of sin dies, and some time elapses before the next one is crowned. Judas Iscariot was the son of perdition, even before Christ called him such in John 17:12...because he was prophesied to be so.  Even when he was first selected as an Apostle, before his betrayal of Christ, he was the son of perdition. He certainly didn't find himself "falling" into the role.

      In Christ,
      Keith