11345Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Of the Papacy and their merry men (Spurgeon)

  • Barry Ferguson
    Oct 5, 2004
      Deejay:

           Fair enough, I probably have not had enough examples of the truth spoken in love to see how that thing works in a Christian sort of way.   Nine times out of ten (as a former hockey player) these sorts of things start off nice and break out into a hockey match.

            Surely, DeeJay, you don't think the sovereign and majestic God of grace cannot give peace to someone in the Roman Catholic Church.

             Do you limit the Holy One of Israel to local and corporal dimensions?

             Barry

      Brainiac <brainiac@...> wrote:
      Hi Barry,

      Well,  I'm afraid I disagree with how you assert tht Luther judged Erasmus.,   When he was refuting his free will  diatribe,  it was with the zealousness that defending truth   commands,  but also not with unconcern as anyone who reads can see for Erasmus's soul or Spiritual welfare.

      Too many namby pamby Christians today,   dont speak the truth in love,  cos it may cause offense.    There is a diffrence between speaking the truth in love and  being downright   uncharitable towards them.

      As for Erasmus  dying with peace in his heart.  Well not sure any of us are in a place to  confirm or refute that for sure.    But  he was clinging to the Romish Church towards  the end of his life,   I wonder if he still has "peace"?

      ~Deejay