11319RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Infant baptism and reformed theology

  • Maggie
    Oct 4, 2004

      Well, I can't imagine anyone being Reformed, AND believing in Infant Baptism, but, That is only because I can't find it in Scripture. though, I hear tell, Rome is big on it

      Hey Robbie…

      It ~is~ actually ~very~ Reformed to believe in Infant Baptism.  Believer’s Only Baptism didn’t come along until the Anabaptists, post beginning of the Reformation Era.

      While I do understand the correlation drawn between the symbolism of baptism and circumcision in traditionally Reformed Doctrine, I find more verses that say, “believe and be baptized,” and am therefore still working out this doctrine.

      In His Grip,

      Maggie

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic