10950Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Historic Presbypics

  • Soles
    Sep 1, 2004
      Dear Riley;

      Do you know who your session is descended from, in the sense of what part of
      the Church, during the times of Cameron? This is an important question, for
      if they stood not with Cameron during that time, they would need to repent
      publicly for the sins against Christ and brethern ...you must understand
      this already, from your studies right? I mean the principle found over and
      over in scripture of those confessing the sins of their forefathers. My
      elders were faced with this when they first became aware of that great wrong
      done three hundred years ago.

      It would be most wonderful if your session would study this, and come to
      love the reformers as you seem to.

      But Riley, if you continue in the way you are going, and your session does
      not follow in agreement with you. You'll find you'll be at a cross road of
      decision just like Cameron and Cargill came to. You'll have to leave your
      session, or continue to be a part of that compromise.

      Anyway, I'm sure some of the men on the list could give a better account for
      what should be done and said on this topic.

      Riley, by the Lord's mercy, may no wavering be found in you or I !

      night,

      ~Cathie~
      Eph. 6:23,24
      Peace be to the brethern, and love with faith, from God the Father and the
      Lord Jesus Christ, Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ
      in sicerity, Amen.