10938Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Passive obedience v. Political Dissidence

    Aug 31, 2004
      Even if we write in a candidate, that candidate will still take an
      oath to uphold a constitution that defends pluralism against God's
      Word, and the candidate will do so REPRESENTING YOU the voter who put
      him there.

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Lettermen2@a...
      wrote:
      > In a message dated 8/30/2004 12:14:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      > GrayPJ@c... writes:
      > With the up-coming election I thought it relevent to ask some
      > questions regarding government and our duty towards it. I know the
      > Covenanter position but there are also some Christians that visit
      > this forum who believe in Passive Obedience.
      >
      > Is anyone who providentially wields power the ordinance of God?
      > What are the qualifications for divine approbation of a power?
      > What level of obedience should we show an unlawful/immoral
      > magistrate?
      > How should we oppose him? How do we dissent?
      > See etext at: http://www.swrb.com/newslett/actualNLs/bibcg_gp.htm
      > If you vote, then you may want to write in a candidate. . .
      > sk
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic