10820RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Covenanter position on The Civil Magistrate

  • J. Parnell McCarter
    Aug 9, 2004

      Dear brother Parnell,

      Parnell wrote:
      >> These 2 propositions are distinct:
      >

      > 1. "Charles II is a wicked king."
      >

      > 2. "Charles II is not a king."
      >

      > If Richard Cameron had simply stated the first, I would agree.
      >>But Cameron
      > had no right to state the second, for he was not the Parliament.

      Edgar wrote:
      "…They followed the example of the Old Testament prophets that did the same.  Also they were keeping in
      line with WCF 23.4, King Charles II was no longer a King described in WCF 23.4…."

      Edgar, please prove it.  Please show me the quotes in scripture and in uninspired history where:

      1. John the Baptist proclaimed Herod no longer to be the king, because he was a wicked king.

      2. Elijah proclaimed Ahab no longer to be the king, because he was a wicked king.

      3.  Any prophet proclaimed Solomon no longer to be the king, because he was an unfaithful  king.

      4.  David proclaimed Saul no longer to be the king, because he was an unfaithful  king.

      5. Elijah proclaimed Ahab no longer to be the king, because he was a wicked king.

      6.  John Knox proclaimed Mary Stuart no longer to be the queen, because she was a wicked queen.

      7. Andrew Melville proclaimed King James no longer to be the king, because he was an unfaithful  king.

      - Parnell

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic