10695Re: [Covenanted Reformation] The Civil Magistrate (was re: Question Regarding Political Participation)

  • covie1646
    Aug 2, 2004
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, jparnellm@u...
      wrote:
      > The OPC is descended from the Presbyterian USA church which
      Witherspoon
      > moderated. It was a church which justified the American
      Revolution, as well as
      > the US Constitution, as sound. But both the American Revolution
      and the US
      > Constitution were unsound.

      I strongly agree that the Constitution was and is unsound. How was
      the Revolution unsound?

      > Yes, and the constitution gave to Parliament the power to restrain
      and judge the
      > monarch. It did not give it to the individual citizen.

      The British Constitution I take?

      Whit

      > - Parnell McCarter
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic