10211RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Just a reminder...

  • J. Parnell McCarter
    Jul 3, 2004

      >"Calvin and his tradition had in mind, it seems to me, build a new church, an Spartan model, with no living links to the past, condemning or overlooking 1500 years of History of the church –1500 years that bear witness of around 40 million of Christian massacred by Popery hordes."

      I have no idea what you are talking about.  The Waldense, who survived the Medieval era from the primitive church era, joined with the Reformed churches of Switzerland , etc.

      The Protestant Reformation according to scripture began with Wyckliffe, not Luther, though Luther was certainly an important Protestant Reformer.  Wyckliffe's doctrine of predestination and the Lord's Supper is quite in line with the Reformed view.

      Your assertion about no living links to the past is without foundation.

      - Parnell McCarter

      www.puritans.net

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic