10126Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Marks of the True Church

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Jun 17, 2004
      Pastor Enrique,

      Hola! Quisiera saber si estuviera bien si podemos dialogar
      privadamente? Soy un Presbiteriano del Pacto (Covenanter)y mi deseo
      es propagar la verdadera fe para nuestro pueblo de los que hablan
      espanol. Ha unos breves documentos ya traducido al espanol en los
      sitios siguientes: www.ecn.ab.ca/prce y www.albanycrpc.org
      Si esta dispuesto seria un previlegio. Que nuestro Senor le bendiga!

      Su hermano,

      Edgar

      Translation:

      Hello! I would like to know if we could dialogue privately. I am
      a Covenanter and my desire is to spread the true faith among Spanish
      speakers. We have translated some documents into Spanish at (the
      aforementioned web sites). If you are willing, it would be a
      privilege. May the Lord bless you!

      Your brother,

      Edgar

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, A Mighty Fortress
      <edftepregon@y...> wrote:
      > Thank you. I already have the covenanter paper (I down loaded the
      website in a CD). I shall read the paper posted in the Canadian site.

      > I wonder why and how could it be that divers churches coming up of
      the Reformation came to have such a differences. I already am aware
      that following Luther's death there where many hands in the dish,
      and I have some proofs about Luther's writings altered, here and
      there. In fact the writers of the Formula of Concord betrayed
      Luther's doctrine settled in Bondage of Will, turning back to semi-
      agustinianism/semi-pelagianism.
      > Later on post Luther's Lutherans abandoned the Formula as well,
      adopting a theology curiously similar to that of the damned
      Arminians.

      > We know that we are living in perilous times and that worse days
      are at hand. As a Christian, I hope all true believers may be able
      to go on with efforts for join in the Word.

      > May the Lord bless you.
      >
      > In His service,
      >
      > Pastor Enrique Ivaldi.
      >
      > PS. I ponder as a privilege to share in this group.
      >

      > gmw <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, A Mighty Fortress
      > <edftepregon@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Thank you for your irenic and informative response to the article I
      > posted. You may or may not be aware, that Covenanters are "Divine
      > Right Presbyterians." That is, we believe that Christ, the Head of
      > the Church, has indeed instructed by His Word how the visable
      Church
      > is to be governed, and because this is true, we are not permitted
      > alter that government without usurping Christ's authority. Perhaps
      > the best brief statement regarding Church government that has ever
      > been penned by mere humans is the Preface of Westminster's Form of
      > Presbyterial Church Government:
      >
      > "JESUS CHRIST, upon whose shoulders the government is, whose name
      is
      > called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting
      Father,
      > The Prince of Peace; of the increase of whose government and peace
      > there shall be no end; who sits upon the throne of David, and upon
      his
      > kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and
      justice,
      > from henceforth, even for ever; having all power given unto him in
      > heaven and in earth by the Father, who raised him from the dead,
      and
      > set him at his own right hand, far above all principalities and
      power,
      > and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in
      > this world, but also in that which is to come, and put all things
      > under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the
      > church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in
      all:
      > he being ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all
      > things, received gifts for his church, and gave officers necessary
      for
      > the edification of his church, and perfecting of his saints."
      >
      > Following this statement is a description of such government,
      gifts,
      > and officers necessary for the edification of His Church and for
      the
      > perfecting of the saints. It can be read here:
      > http://www.covenanter.org/Westminster/formofpresbygov.htm
      >
      > A defense of divine right presbyterianism is found here:
      > http://www3.sympatico.ca/d.d.s/divineright.html
      >
      > Thanks again, for your participation in this group!
      >
      > gmw.

      > ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express
      yourself
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic